office: (905) 640-1900 ex. 2102
111 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville, ON
Maurice Smith has been a resident of York Region for over 40 years and has lived within Ward 2 since 2004. He and Jane have been married for more than 50 years.
They currently live in Ballantrae and are the proud parents of four adult children and have ten grandchildren.
Maurice was elected to Town council in 2014, 2018 and 2022 to represent the residents of Ward 2.
Maurice worked for many years in the financial management area of a major Canadian packaging company. He completed his 27-year career with this firm in 1998 when he held the position of Director, Risk Management and Global Real Estate.
In 1998 he opened his own business management consulting firm specializing in corporate real estate management. He wound up his consulting practise in 2014 to act as a full-time elected official.
During his business career, he travelled globally to negotiate major purchase, sale and merger contracts for his employer and clients. He served for a number of years on the Board of Directors of Waterman Insurance Corporation located in Bridgetown, Barbados.
Volunteer and Community Involvement
- Province of Ontario Volunteer Service Award
- Stouffville Library Board of Trustees 2006-2014
- Chairman Library Board of Trustees for 3 Years
- Chairman Not-For-Profit Housing Complex, Markham for 4 Years
- Past President – Deputy Governor – Canadian Kinsmen Club
- Organizing Chairman – Whitchurch- Stouffville Christmas Dinner
- President Condo Board Richmond Hill
- Kinsmen Committee Fund Raiser for CF Research
- Contributing Writer – Stouffville Free Press & Other Publications
- Life Member – Kinsmen Clubs of Canada