Alterations – Residential

You need a permit if you are making alterations to the inside of your house in the Town of Stouffville, including example of: Interior alterations to replace a load bearing wall with a beam.

Apply for a permit

To apply for an interior home alteration permit, please submit the following forms and plans to the Building Services counter located in our Municipal Offices at 111 Sandiford Dr.


You need to include the following plans in your application package:

  • A site plan identifying the location of the existing building
  • Existing floor plans
  • Floor plans of every floor level (specify rooms)
  • Structural details for any proposed structural work
  • Mechanical (HVAC) plans if altered by work
  • Building elevations with limiting distance calculations if new openings are proposed

Permit cost

$0.57 per square foot
  • Note: a minimum permit fee of $212 applies

We accept cash, cheque or debit for fee payments.

Building and Planning Counter
111 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville ON
(905) 640-1900

© 2024 Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville  | Privacy and Disclaimer

Scroll to top