Fence Construction

If you want to build a fence on your property in the Town of Stouffville, you need to request certain approvals before you can begin construction. If you’re building a fence around a pool, you need to apply for a pool enclosure permit.

Required approvals

Before starting construction on your fence, be sure to call Ontario One Call to ensure you are digging safely. We also recommend getting a zoning check by our Planning Division. You will need to get approval from the following agencies to build a fence:

  • Condo board if your property is not free-hold
  • Builder or developer if your subdivision is unassumed by the Town and the developer is responsible for its maintenance
  • Ministry of Transportation (MTO) if your property touches a Provincial highway

Accessible formats available upon request. Contact 905-640-1900 or for assistance.
© 2024 Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville  | Privacy and Disclaimer

Scroll to top