Livestock Claims

Livestock Claims

If you are a registered farmer in the Town of Stouffville, you may qualify for compensation for livestock or poultry (i.e., cows, horses, sheep, chickens, etc.) that have been killed or injured by a predator such as a coyote, wolf or dog.

We process claims for damages under the Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program.

Make a claim

To submit a livestock claim, contact our Customer Service Centre or call us at 905-640-1900 with your claim information along with your name, property address and telephone number. A livestock valuer will contact you as soon as possible.

If the event happened on a weekend, please take accurate digital photos to assist with your claim.

To get compensation, you will need to present the following:

  • Farm Business Registration (FBR) number
  • Premises I.D. Number
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN)

For questions, please contact the Agricultural Information Contact Centre.

Lost and found livestock

On occasion, you may find livestock roaming on public or private property. If you spot livestock roaming in Stouffville, please contact York Regional Police.

If you’ve lost a livestock animal, please contact our Customer Service Centre. The Town-appointed pound keeper will keep the animal until its owner claims it. If the animal is not claimed, it may be sold in accordance with the Pounds Act.


© 2024 Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville  | Privacy and Disclaimer

Scroll to top